Feasibility of the ultrasound checking of the first-stage engine of the Zenith rocket carrier. 2. Results of the ultrasound diagnostics of the engine defectiveness
|1Bezymyannyi, Yu.G, 1Borovik, VG, 2Galas', MI, 1Trefilov, VI, 1Frolov, GA |
1I.N. Frantsevich Institute for Material Science Problems, NAS of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2Yangel Yuzhnoye State Design Office, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(1):032-036|
|Section: Space Energy, Power and Propulsion|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We investigate the possibility revealing a gap in the juncture of the terminal welding junction on the assembled first-stage engine of the Zenith rocket carrier by the non-destructive ultrasound checking methods. Principles of ultrasound diagnostics were developed, and methods for measuring the diagnostic parameters were selected. A techniquefor their relization based on an original apparatus complex for ultrasound measurements is described, as well as some results of the experimental measurements of selected diagnostic parameters which were obtaind on samples produced of full-size engines. The analysis of the results obtained shows that the task set can be solved in principle.
|Keywords: engine, rocket carrier, ultrasound diagnostics|
1. Bezymyannyi Yu. G. Control over developing defect methods of measuring the attenuation coefficient and speed of ultrasound propagation . Diagnostics and prognosis of destruction of welded structures. [Diagnostika i prognozirovanie razrushenija svarnyh konstrukcij], No. 2, 42—48 (1986) [in Russian].
2. Bezymyannyi Yu. G., Borovik V. G., Galas' M. I., Trefilov V. I., Frolov G.A. Feasibility of the ultrasound testing of the first-stage engine of the Zenith rocket carrier. 1.Construction of the physical model of the object to be tested. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 7 (5-6), 3—7 (2001) [in Russian].
3. Lantratov K., Antipov V. «Zenit» launches «Celina». Novosti kosmonavtiki, No. 4, 17—19 (2000) [in Russian].
4. Sukhorukov V. V. (Ed.) Acoustic methods of control. In: Nerazrushajushhij kontrol' [Unbrakable control], Vol. 2, 283 p. (Vyssh. shk., Moscow, 1991) (Vols. 1-5; Vol. 2) [in Russian].
5. Truell R., Elbaum C., Chick B. Ultrasonic Methods in Solid State Physics, 238 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1972) [in Russian].