Mathematical model for optical transfer caracteristics of earth's atmosphere
|1Smirnov, SA, 2Terletsky, RP |
1Space Research Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space Agency of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2National Technical University of Ukraine «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2002, 8 ;(4):064-072|
|Section: Space and Atmospheric Physics|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
The paper is devoted to the investigation of the propagation of optical radiation and its distortion in Earth's atmosphere. We discuss main types of transformation mechanisms of optical signals connected with molecular, aerosol, and whirligig light scattering, as well as ways of their description and application for modelling the effect of the real atmosphere. The FCC (frequency-contrast characteristics) expression for the atmosphere is derived for further practical application in the atmosphere correction of ERS (Earth Remote Sensing) data. A qualitative analysis of the FCC expression is made.
1. Belan B. D. Spatial variability of atmospheric aerosol characteristics, 145 p. (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1989) [in Russian].
2. Goodman J. W. Statistical Optics, Transl. from Eng., 528 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
3. Davison B. Neutron Transport Theory, 520 p. (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1960) [in Russian].
4. Zege E. P., Ivanov A. P., Katsev I. L. Image Transfer through a Scattering Medium, 327 p. (Nauka i tehnika, Minsk, 1985) [in Russian].
5. Zuev V. E., Kabanov M. V. Transfer of Optical Signals in the Earth's Atmosphere (Under Conditions of Interference), 368 p. (Sovetskoje Radio, Moscow, 1977) [in Russian].
6. Zuev V. E., Krekov G. M. Optical models of the atmosphere, 256 p. (Gidrometeoizdat, Leningrad, 1986) [in Russian].
7. Krekov G. M., Rakhimov R. F. An optical-radar model of continental aerosols, 196 p. (Nauka, Novosibirsk, 1982) [in Russian].
8. Morse P. M., Feshbach H. Methods of theoretical physics, 864 p. (Izd-vo inostr. lit-ry, Moscow, 1960) [in Russian].
9. Romanova L. M. Small-angle approximation of the solution of the transport equation and its refinement. Izv. AN SSSR. Ser. Geofiz., 8 (8), 1108—1112 (1962) [in Russian].
10. Savinykh V. P., Kuchko A. S., Stetsenko A. F. Aerospace photography: Textbook, 378 p. (Kartgeotsentr-Geodezizdat, Moscow, 1997) [in Russian].
11. Sobolev V. V. Transfer of Radiant Energy in the Atmospheres of Stars and Planets, 391 p. (Gostehizdat, Moscow, 1956) [in Russian].
12. Tatarskii V. I. Theory of Fluctuation Phenomena in Waves Propagating in a Turbulent Atmosphere, 232 p. (Izd-vo AN SSSR, Moscow, 1959) [in Russian].