The merge information method for multifrequency systems of remote sensing of the Earth
|1Sytnik, OV, 1Efimov, VB, 1Tsymbal, VN, 1Kabanov, AV |
1A.I. Kalmykov Center for Radio Physical Sensing, NAS of Ukraine and National Space Agency of Ukraine, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2007, 13 ;(Supplement1):067-070|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The merge information method for two-frequency radar earth surface remote sensing is considered. The method is based on the Hough transform property of radio contrast inverse invariance. The analysis of radio images is carried out in the space of spectrums of parameters on the basis of statistically optimal algorithms. The algorithm of identification of the spatially-distributed objects at two-frequency sounding consists in forming the SAR images by each radar, quantization of these images and obtaining spectrums of parameters for all multitude of objects corresponding to each of the binary images, and then in calculating estimations of spectrums of parameters for every type of objects satisfying the minimum of the middle Bayes risk. The application of the algorithm under consideration for identification of cracks in ices on the radar images of two-frequency radar remote sensing showed the possibility to identify the sought-for objects with a probability not below 0.95 at direct and inversed radar contrasts over 10 dB.
|Keywords: invariance, radio images, remote sensing|
1. Antipov V. N., Goryainov V. T., Kulin A. N., et al. Radar Stations with Digital Synthesis of the Antenna Aperture, 304 p. (Radio i Svyaz', Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].
2. Efimov V. B., Kalmykov A. I., Komiak V. A., et al. Investigation of ice cover from platforms in the air and in space using radar equipment. Izvestiia AN SSSR. Ser. Fizika Atmosfery i Okeana, 21 (5), 512—519 (1985) [in Russian].
3. Kalmykov A. I., Fuks I. M. Models of Radio Waves Scattering by Bedding Surfaces and Their Using in Radar Remote Sensing Systems. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 1 (1), 31—41 (1996) [in Russian].
4. Kulemin G. P., Razskazovskii V. B. The small-angle scattering of millimeter waves by the earth's surface, 229 p. (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1987) [in Russian].
5. Razskazovskii V. B. Diffraction by a half-plane with an irregular edge in the problem of radiowave propagation over a surface at small grazing angles. Izv. vuzov. Radiofizika, 40 (8), 965—979 (1997) [in Russian].
6. Sytnik O. V., Dubovitskii V. A. Algorithm of identification of space-distributed objects during 2-frequency sounding of the Earth surface using AAS. Izv. vuzov. Radioelektronika, 43 (11), 37— 46 (2000) [in Russian].
7. Shestopalov V. P., Kalmykov A. I., Komyak V. A., et al. Complex researches of the Earth environment by radiophysical method. Doklady AN SSSR, 284 (1), 98—102 (1985) [in Russian].
8. Ballard D. H. Generalizing The Hough Transform To Detect Arbitrary Shapes. Pattern Recognition, 13 (2), 111 — 122 (1981).
9. Ulaby F. T. Microwave Backscatter Dependence on Surface, Roughness, Soil Moisture and Soil Texture: Parti .Bare Soil. IEEE Trans. Geosci. Electron., GE-16 (4), 286—295 (1983).