New method for the transformation of solar radiation energy into electric power for energy feeding of the space vehicles
|1Ludanov, KI |
1Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2007, 13 ;(6):031-038|
|Section: Space Energy, Power and Propulsion|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We propose a new method for the transformation of solar radiation energy into electric power, which is alternative for photo-transformation. Ukrpatent's positive decisions are obtained for the method and for the installation for its realization. Our method for energy transformation includes two phases: concentration of solar radiation by paraboloid mirrors with high potential heat obtaining in the helio receiver and the next heat transformation into electric power in the framework of the thermal cycle "high temperature electrolytic steam decomposition on the components (H2 and 02) + electrochemical generation by the way of the water recombination from H2 and 02 in the low temperature fuel cell". The new method gives the double superiority in comparison with the photo-transformation.
|Keywords: electric power, photo-transformation, solar radiation|
1. Kulandin A. A., Timashev S. V. The problems of space energetics: Coll. per., (Mir, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].
2. Dvernyakov V. S., Pasichnyi V. V. Determining the thermal parameters of a special solar power plant intended for the study of refractory materials. Dop. Akad. Nauk UkrRSR, No. 5, 762—766 (1966) [in Russian].
3. Demin A. K., Kuzin B. L., Lipinin A. S. Experimental study of the thermal regime of a high-temperature electrolysis cell for the decomposition of water. Jelektrohimija, 23 (9), 1258—1260 (1987) [in Russian].
4. Zakhidov R. A., Umarov G. Ya., Vainer A. A. Theory and Calculation of Heliotechnical Concentrated Systems, 144 p. (FAN, Tashkent, 1977) [in Russian].
5. Kokorev L. S., Kharitonov V. V. Direct Energy Conversion and Fusion Power Plants, 216 p. (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1980) [in Russian].
6. Legasov V. On the way to hydrogen. (Ser. Tehnika; No. 10), 42—57 (Znanie, Moscow, 1985) [in Russian].
7. Ludanov K. I. Calorimetry of solar ovens. Proc. of the 3rd Intern. Conf. MEE-2004, 553—554 (Katsiveli, 2004) [in Russian].
8. Ludanov K. I. Method for calorimetry of optical furnaces. Pat. 65770 Ukraine, Zajavl. 16.05.2003; published 15.04.2004, Bull. 4 [in Ukrainian].
9. Chemical Encyclopedia: In 5 vols. (BRJe, Moscow, 1988 — 1998) (Vols. 1-5) [in Russian].
10. Khudyakov S. A. Space power plants, 64 p. (Ser. Kosmonavtika, astronomija; No. 7) (Znanie, Moscow, 1984) [in Russian].
11. Chang S. Energy conversion, 312 p. (Atomizdat, Moscow, 1965) [in Russian].