The numerical simulation of the thermocouple
|1Markov, OI, 1Miznikova, OA |
1I.S. Turgenev Orel State University, Orel, Russia
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2004, 10 ;(Supplement1):050-054|
|Publication Language: Russian|
In this report there is given an account of the principal results of the numerical solution for thermocouple with p –branch based on Ві2Те3 and n-branch based on single crystal alloy of Bi0.88Sb0.12 in the temperature interval of 100–300 К for the hot junction correcting for temperature dependence of kinetic coefficients. Instead of the traditional strategy based on the analysis of energy balance (), there is made the numerical solution of a limit problem:
The temperature dependence of kinetic coefficients of semiconductor materials was approximated by polynomials. The maximum temperature difference, cooling productivity, optimum currents and geometry of branches are calculated. The effective figure of merit is founded by the value of the maximum temperature difference. It is showed that there is the substantial difference with the generally accepted methods of the thermoelectric quality calculation.
1. Burshtein A. I. Physical Bases of Calculating Semiconductor Thermoelectric Devices, 136 p. (Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1962) [in Russian].
2. Ioffe A. F. Semiconductor Thermoelements, 188 p. (Izd-vo Akad. nauk SSSR, Moscow, Leningrad, 1960) [in Russian].
3. Markov O. I. Development of physical bases of optimization of thermoelectric cooling devices. In: Jubilee scientific collection in honor of the 70th anniversary of Orel State University, p. 99—107 (Izd-vo OGU, Orel, 2001) [in Russian].
4. Markov O. I., Myznikova O. A. Calculation of a thermocouple with lateral heat release. In: Abstracts. report III International. youth scientific and practical conference. "Man and space", p. 95 (NCAOMU, Dnepropetrovsk, 2001) [in Russian].
5. Markov O. I., Myznikova O. A. Refrigeration capacity of a stepped thermocouple. In: Thesis. report IV International. youth scientific and practical conference. "Man and space", p. 358 (NCAOMU, Dnepropetrovsk, 2002) [in Russian].
6. Weiner A. L. (Ed.) Thermoelectric Coolers, 176 p. (Radio i Svyaz', Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].
7. Wolfe R., Smith E. In: Appl. Phys. Lett., 1 (1), 5—7 (1962).