The influence of the Gaussian curvature sign of the compound shell structure’s middle surface on local and overall buckling under combined loading
|1Grishchak, VZ, 2Hryshchak, DV, 1Dyachenko, NM, 3Baburov, VV |
1Zaporizhzhia National University, Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine
2The Ministry for Strategic Industry of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
3Yangel Yuzhnoye State Design Office, Dnipro, Ukraine
|Space Sci. & Technol. 2022, 28 ;(3):02-02|
|Publication Language: English|
The buckling problem of an elastic compound shell structure with a variable Gaussian curvature of the middle surface, especially the middle surface meridian curvature sign, under the action of external pressure and axial loading is considered. In continuation of our previous research, this paper is devoted, in particular, to examining the influence of the negative Gaussian curvature sign of one of its compartments on stability.
The solution is based on using the method of finite differences for basic stability equations of each compartment in the case when one of them can have a negative curvature of the meridian, taking into account the discreteness of the intermediate rib location and their rigidity from the initial curvature plane as well. The obtained solution allows visualizing the buckling modes under various combinations of external loading and identifying rational, according to general buckling modes, geometric and rigidity parameters of the system being investigated.
|Keywords: buckling, combined loading, compound, Gaussian curvature sign of the middle surface, rational design, shells|
2. Boriseiko, A. V., Zhukova N. B. ,Semenyuk N. P., Trach V. M. (2010) Stability of anisotropic shells of revolution of positive or negative Gaussian curvature. International Applied Mechanics, 46, 269–278.
3. Degtyarenko P. G., Grishchak V. Z., Grishchak D. D., Dyachenko, N. M. (2019). To equistability problem of the reinforced shell structure under combined loading. Space Science and Technology, 25 (6 (121)), 3–14.
4. Degtyarenko P. G., Gristchak V. Z., Dyachenko N. M. (2019) To the stability calculation of a combined shell structure taking into account the discreteness location of the intermediate rings. Problems of computational, mechanics and strength of structures, Issue 29, 113–131.
5. Degtyarenko P. G., Gristchak V. Z., Gristchak, D. D., Dyachenko, N. M. (2020). Statement and basic solution equationsof the stability problem for the shell-designed type "barrel-revived" under external pressure. Problems of Computational Mechanics and Strength of Structures, Issue 30, 33–52.
6. Gristchak V. Z., Dyachenko N. M. (2020) Axial force effect on the overall buckling of a compound reinforced shell structure with the positive Gaussian curvature at an external pressure. In collective monograph: O.V. Choporova et al. Mathematical and computer modelling of engineering systems / In edition by V. S. Hudramovich. Riga, Latvia : “Baltija Publishing”, 35-49. Doi:https://doi.org/10.30525/978-9934-26-019-3-3
7. Gristchak V., Hryshchak D., Dyachenko N., Degtiarenko P. (2020) Stability and rational design of the «barrel-ogive» type strengthened shell structures under combined loading. Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4/7 (106), 6-15.
8. Hryshchak D. V. (2020) Computer algebra in solving applied problems of structural mechanics with variable parameters: monograph. Kherson: Helvetica Publishing House [in Ukrainian].
9. Huliaev V. І., Bazhenov V. A., Hotsuliak Y. O. Stability of nonlinear mechanical systems. Lviv: Vyshcha shkola, 1982. 255 с. [in Russian].
10. Ifayefunmi O. (2014). A survey of buckling of conical shells subjected to axial compression and external pressure. Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review, 7 (2), 182– 189.
11. Lukіanchenko O. O., Paliy O. M. (2018) Numerical modeling of the stability of parametric vibrations of a high thin-wall shell of negative Gaussian curvature. Strength of Materials and Theory of Structures: Issue 101, 45-59.
12. Schmidt H. (2018). Two decades of research on the stability of steel shell structures at the University of Essen (1985–2005): Experiments, evaluations, and impact on design standards. Advances in Structural Engineering, 21 (16), 2364–2392.
13. Teng J. G., Barbagallo M. (1997). Shell restraint to ring buckling at cone-cylinder intersections. Engineering Structures, 19 (6), 425–431. Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/s0141-0296(96)00087-9
14. Volmir A. S. (1967) Stability of deformable systems. Moscow: Nauka [in Russian].