Technique for orthotransformed satellite imagery application in environmental assessment
|1Ulytsky, О, 1Yermakov, V, 1Lunova, О, 1Buglak, O |
1State ecology academy of postgraduate education and management, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Space Sci. & Technol. 2019, 25 ;(4):48-56|
|Publication Language: English|
The article solves an actual scientific and applied task, which is to form a methodological basis for the use of orthotransformed satellite imagery to create information services for environmental monitoring of objects of critical infrastructure. These services are designed to expand the capacity of the National Center for providing the information to central executive authorities about the results of environmental monitoring. The expansion involves the development of methods of using orthotransformed satellite imagery for the assessment of the environmental state. Based on the classification algorithm of enterprises and objects, a database of objects of critical infrastructure of Ukraine classified by their impact on the environment has been developed for the application in GIS-compatible systems.
In the formation of the ideology of geographic information systems, the requirements for technical means are justified. These requirements include the deployed service, maintenance, filling and updating of the base of objects of critical infrastructure of Ukraine, the mechanism and order of visualization of impact assessments of all objects of the developed database. The algorithm has been adapted for application in an automated mode as part of GIS-systems.
For research, the structure of the classifier using the state OCI register and validation of the developed methodology using the results of space imagery with specific examples for each of the objects of critical infrastructure of Ukraine has been developed. The following object is selected: Darnytsya Power Plant — an enterprise for the production and supply of electric and thermal energy. The study confirmed the relevance, scientific and practical value of using remote sensing methods for studying the ecological status of large areas of the earth’s surface.
|Keywords: database, environment, objects of critical infrastructure, orthotransformed satellite imagery, potentially dangerous objects|
1. Dobrovolskyy V. V. (2005). Fundamentals of the theory of ecological systems. Textbook. Kyiv: Professional, 272 p. [in Ukrainian].
2. Dzhygyrey V. S. (2007). Ecology and environmental protection. Textbook. Kyiv: Znannya, 422 p. [in Ukrainian].
3. Lavryk V. I. (2002). Methods of mathematical modeling in ecology. Kyiv, Publ. house «KM Academy», 203 p. [in Ukrainian].
4. Lysychenko G. V., Zabulonov Ju. L., Khmil G. А. (2008). Natural, man-made and environmental risks: analysis, evaluation, management. Kyiv: Nauk. Dumka, 542 p. [in Ukrainian].
5. Malymon S. S. (2009). Fundamentals of ecology. Textbook. Vinnytsya: Nova Knyga, 240 p. [in Ukrainian].
6. Maslov V. P. (2005). Physical and technological problems of ensuring the operability of optoelectronic sensor devices under extreme conditions. Sensory electronics and microsystem technology, No. 1, 57—62 [in Russian].
7. Talanchuk P. M., Golubkov S. P., Maslov V. P., et al. (1991). Sensors in the control and measurement technology. Kiev: Tekhnika, 175 p. [in Russian].
8. Ulytsky O. A., Yermakov V. M., Bondar O. I. (23.10.2017). Report on implementation scientific work 0117U006967 on 23.10.2017. Conducting assessment and study of the ecological and technogenic state of Donetsk and Luhansk regions with the purpose of developing recommendations on natural resource restoration on ecological grounds [in Ukrainian].
9. Verkhovtsev V. V. (2005). Applied (prospecting and engineering-geological) aspects of the study of platform geostructures of Ukraine. Environmental ecology and life safety, No. 3, 80—92 [in Russian].
10. Verkhovtsev V. N. (2007). The latest platform geostructures of Ukraine and the dynamics of their development. Dissertation of the doctor of geological sciences. Kiev, 423 p. [in Russian].