Space monitoring of water stream in estuarial areas (by the example of the Dnieper and the Danube)
|1Fedorovskyi, OD, 2Khyzhniak, AV, 2Diachenko, TN, 2Yakimchuk, VG, 2Pidhorniak, DL, 2Sukhanov, KYu., 2Tomchenko, OV |
1State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
2State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
|Space Sci.&Technol. 2017, 23 ;(2):11-16|
|Section: Study of the Earth from Space|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
We propose a new method of estimation of river estuary water stream by structure characteristic. The method is based on the dependence of normalized azimuthal spectral density on the angular direction. We applied this method to a space monitoring data and conducted a comparative analysis of hydrological characteristics of the Dnieper estuary and the Kilia Danube Delta in a period from 1986 to 2015. It was found that the image spectra of the Dnieper mouth area from 1986 to 2015 have not changed either in intensity or in azimuth location, as opposed to the Danube delta, where the water flows have endured significant changes during the analyzed period.
|Keywords: Fourier spectrum, hydrological characteristics, space monitoring|
1. Bermant A. F., Aramanovich I. G. A short course of mathematical analysis for technical schools: Textbook for higher technical schools, 736 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].
2. Hydrology of the Danube Delta. Ed. by V. N. Mikhailov, 448 p. (GEOS, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].
3. Dubnyak S. S. Ecological-hydromorphological analysis of the biotopic structure of large plain reservoirs [Jekologogidromorfologicheskij analiz biotopicheskoj struktury krupnyh ravninnyh vodohranilishh]. Geographical Bull., 3 (26), 107—120 (2013) [in Russian].
4. Rabiner L., Gould B. Theory and application of digital signal processing, 848 p. (Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].
5. Fedorovsky A. D., Sirenko L. A., Sukhanov K. Yu., Yakimchuk V. G. Spectral and spatial-frequency informative features of interpretation of water landscapes on aerospace photographs [Spektral'nye i prostranstvennochastotnye informativnye priznaki deshifrirovanija vodnyh landshaftov na ajerokosmicheskih snimkah]. Hydrobiol. J., 38 (1), 87—95 (2002) [in Russian].
6. Yanutsh D. A. Decoding aerospace images, 240 p. (Subsoil, Moscow, 1991) [in Russian].
7. Saremi Ali , Pashaki Mohammad Hossein Karimi, Sedghi Hosein. Rouzbahani Amin, Saremi Amin. Simulation of river flow using Fourier series models. Int. Conf. on Environmental and Computer Science IPCBEE , 19, 133—138 (2011).
8. Zare Soheil Ghareaghaji, Pashaki Mohammad Hossein Karimi, Sedghi Hosein. Fourier analysis models and their application to river Flow’s prediction. The 1st International Applied Geological Congress, 510—514, (Mashad Branch, Iran, Department of Geology, Islamic Azad University, 2010).