Interpretation of space images of landscape zones with the use of the Markov image model
|1Fedorovskyi, OD, 2Yakimchuk, VG, 2Ryabokonenko, SA |
1State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
2State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2001, 7 ;(5-6):080-084|
|Section: Study of the Earth from Space|
|Publication Language: Russian|
We examine the possibility of using the Markov model of images for the interpretation of space images of landscape zones by their structural and textural characteristics. It is shown that the use the Markov madel for the analyses of the spatial Fourier spectra of various images allows one to reflect a probable interrelation of their components. The metods of interpretating the satellite images of landscape zones are considered.
|Keywords: interpretation of space images, Markov madel, spatial Fourier spectra|
1. Viktorov A. S. Landscape Pattern, 180 p. (Mysl', Moscow, 1986) [In Russian].
2. Zalmanson L. A. Fourier Transform, Walsh, Haar, and their application in management, communications and other fields, 496 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1989) [In Russian].
3. Krasilnikov N. N. Image Transmission and Perception Theory, 248 p. (Radio i Svyaz', Moscow, 1986) [In Russian].
4. Rabiner L. R., Gold B. Theory and Applications of Digital Signal Processing, 848 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [In Russian].
5. Fedorovskyi O. D., Yakimchuk V. G., Novikov R. I., et al. Interpretation of space snapshots of landscape zones on the basis of the structural analysis. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 6 (2-3), 39—44 (2000) [In Russian].
6. Yanutsh D. A. Decoding of Aerospace Images, 240 p. (Nedra, Moscow, 1991) [In Russian].
7. Yaroslavsky L. P. Digital Signal Processing in Optics and Holography. Introduction to Digital Optics, 296 p. (Radio i Sviaz', Moscow, 1987) [In Russian].
8. Haralick R. M. Statistical and structural approaches to texture. Proc. IEEE, 67 (5), P. 786 (1979).
9. Rabiner L. R. A tutorial on hidden Markov models and selected applications in speech recognition. Proc. IEEE, 77 (2), 257—285 (1989).