Automated system of contactless ultrasound nondestructive quality control of solid fuel rocket engines from composite materials
|1Kulyk, AV, 2Zheltov, PN, 3Klymenko, SV, 4Chabanov, VV |
1А.M. Makarov National Center for Aerospace Education of Youth, Dnipro, Ukraine; Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, Dnipro, Ukraine
2Public Joint Stock Company "Ukrainian Research Institute of Manufacturing Engineering", Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine
3Oles Honchar Dnipro National University, Dnipro, Ukraine
4Limited liability company «New cars», Dnipro, Ukraine
|Space Sci. & Technol. 2021, 27 ;(3):76-84|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
Currently, in various industries (engineering, aircraft, energy, etc.) the issue of product quality assurance and control is particularly acute. This is due primarily to the ever-increasing requirements for increasing reliability with increasing loads on products, which entails the strengthening of technical standards. The issue of quality control for rocket and space technology products is especially relevant. Modern power structures of rocket and spacecraft made of polymer composite materials, and especially the body of solid fuel rocket engines (SFRЕ), are multilayer packages of various polymer-composite materials (PKM), obtained and interconnected in the process of manufacturing the body. The efficiency of SFRЕ depends on the quality of the formation of PKM in production conditions. The most important issues are the implementation of production quality control of composite structures, the reliability of control results and the ability to automate the control process.
The article presents an automated system of non-contact ultrasonic non-destructive testing, which allows to control the stability of the technological process of forming the composite material of the wall of the SFRЕ body and, if necessary, to adjust it. The probability of detecting zones of anomalous violation of the integrity of the wall material of the SFRЕ housing is carried out due to adaptive algorithms, digital systems of multilevel matrix processing and optimal filtering of the received signals. The automated system of contactless ultrasonic non-destructive quality control of SFRЕ cases allows to register conditions of scanning and control for more visual representation of the defectogram in the expanded look of the case of a product in the course of control and at documentation of its results. The presented results of work on the development of an automated system of non-destructive testing of the integrity of the buildings of the SFRЕ type "cocoon" confirm the possibilities of practical implementation in production.
|Keywords: automated non-destructive testing system, composite material, flaw detector, information processing system, non-contact ultrasonic testing method, solid fuel rocket engine body|
1. Aleshin N. P., Bobrov V. T., Lange Yu. V., Shcherbinskyi V. G. (2013). Ultrasonic control. Ed. V. V. Klyuyev. 2nd ed. M.: ID “Spectrum”, 224 p.
2. Barynin V. A., Budadin O. N., Kulkov A. A. (2013). Modern technologies of non-destructive testing of structures made of polymeric composite materials. М.: ID “Spectrum”, 242 p.
3. Emets V. V., Dron’ N. M., Kositsyna E. S. (2019). Estimation of the possibilities for using the solid hydrocarbon fuels in autophage launch vehicle. J. Chemistry and Technologies, 27, No. 1, 58—64.
4. Malaychuk V. P., Mozgovoy A. V. (2005). Mathematical defectoscopy: Monograph. Dnepropetrovsk: “System technologies”, 180 p.
5. Murashov V. V. (2011). Inspection of multilayer glued structures made of polymer composite materials. Adhesives. Sealants. Technologies, No. 10, 16—23.
6. Ermolov I. N., Lange Yu. V. (2004). Ultrasonic control. Non-destructive testing. In 7 vol. Ed. V. V. Klyuev. M.: Mashinostro-enie, Vol. 3, 864.
7. Development of a technical project for the installation of non-contact shadow non-destructive testing of large-sized PCM products with a high attenuation coefficient of ultrasonic vibrations. Testing and development of units of the experimental ultrasonic channel of the control installation at the laboratory bench in dynamic mode: Research report. P. N. Zheltov, O. L. Serebrennikov. Dnepropetrovsk: OAO UkrNIITM, 2013. 37.
8. Kulyk O. V., Dzhur O. E., Khutorny V. V., et al. (2014). Technology of production of rocket and space aircraft : textbook. Ed. E. A. Dzhur. Dnepropetrovsk: Art-Press, 480.
9. `Experimental research and development of a method for non-destructive testing (flaw detection) of large-sized units (in-terstage compartment, fairing) of rocket and spacecraft products made of polymer composite materials with a honeycomb filling in order to increase productivity, information content and reliability of testing. Development of a control method: Research report. P. N. Zheltov, O. L. Serebrennikov. Dnepropetrovsk: OAO UkrNIITM, 2012. 37.
10. Experimental research and development of the method of non-destructive testing “flaw detection” of large-sized units (interstage compartment, fairing) of rocket-space vehicles made of polymer composite materials with a honeycomb filler in order to increase productivity, information content and reliability of control. Experimental research: Research report. P. N. Zheltov, O. L. Serebrennikov. Dnepropetrovsk: OAO UkrNIITM, 2012. 41.
11. Allen J. Fawcett (ATF/DER), Gary D. Oakes (ATF). Boeing Composite Airframe Damage Tolerance and Service Experience. Boeing Commercial Airplanes, 787 Program.
12. Friedrich K. (2018). Polymer composites for tribological applications. Adv. Industrial and engineering Polymer Res., 1, No 1, 3—39.
13. Pat. 5646351 USA, Good M. S., Schuster G. J., Skorpik J. R. Ultrasonic Material Hardness Depth Measurement.
14. Kapadia A. Non Destructive Testing of Composite Materials. Best Practice Guide TWI Ltd National Composites Network.
15. Rose J. (2010). Achievements and prospects of development of the ultrasonic waveguide method of control. Materials Evalu-ation, 68, No 5, 494—500