Variations of ion concentration of F2 region of the ionosphere in the vicinity of morning terminator from data of satellite observations
|1Fedorenko, AK |
1Space Research Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine and the State Space Agency of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2003, 9 ;(5-6):089-095|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Variations of ion concentration caused by sunrise are analysed on the basis of satellite observations of low-latitude F2 region of the ionosphere. The photoionization influence on ion composition is caused both by direct increase of plasma density and by the variation of chemical reaction rates. A simplified model is constructed in the photochemical approximation. The model describes adequately detected changes of density of various ion components after the beginning of ionization.
|Keywords: F2 region, ion concentration, ionosphere|
1. Vasil'ev V. P., Shubova R. S. Peculiarities of the behavior of the critical frequency of the P2 region of the ionosphere during the sunrise period: Preprint No. 46, Radioastronomicheskij in-t AN USSR, 18 p. (Kharkov, 1990) [in Russian].
2. Gordiets B. F., Markov M. N., Shelepin L. A. Theory of infrared radiation from near-earth space. In: Infrared radiation in the earth's atmosphere and in space. (Trudy Lebedev Physical Institute, AN SSSR, Vol. 105), 7—71 (Nauka, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian].
3. Marov M. Ya., Kolesnichenko A. V. Introduction to the Planetary Aeronomy, 456 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1987) [in Russian].
4. Fishkova L. M. The night airglow of the earth mid-latitude upper atmosphere, 271 p.
(Metsniereba, Tbilisi, 1983) [in Russian].
5. Kelley M. C. The Earth's ionosphere plasma physics and electrodynamics. Akad. Press. Inc. Inter. Geophys. Series, 471 p. (1989).
6. Schunk R. W., Nagy A. F. Electron temperatures in the F region of the ionosphere: theory and observations. Rev. Geophys. and Space Phys., 16 (3), 355—399 (1978).
7. Strickland D. J., Bishop J., Evans J. S., et al. Atmospheric Ultraviolet Radiance Integrated Code (AURIC): theory, software architecture, inputs, and selected results. J. Quant. Spectrosc. and Radiat. Transfer, 62, 689—742 (1999).