Minimum resolvable temperature difference for thermal imager of space basing
|1Kolobrodov, VG, 2Lykholit, NI, 2Tiagur, VM |
1National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute”, Kyiv, Ukraine
2Special Device Production State Enterprise “Arsenal”, Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2014, 20 ;(1):23-27|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
We developed a method for the calculation of the minimum resolvable temperature difference (MRTD) for termovision supervision systems in which the influence of the display and observer on MRTD is excluded. On the basis of the mathematical model of the thermal imager of space basing an equation for the calculation of MRTD is deduced. We consider an example of the application of the developed method to calculate MRTD of the thermal imager with a microbolometer matrix for remote sensing of the Earth
|Keywords: resolution, thermal imager of space basing|
1. Kolobrodov V. G., Lykholit N. I. Design of thermal and television imaging systems: Textbook. 364 p. (NTUU «KPI», Kyiv, 2007) [in Ukrainian].
2. Kolobrodov V. G., Shuster N. Thermal system (physical basis, design and control methods, application): Textbook for universities. 340 p. (Tyrazh, Kyiv, 1999) [in Ukrainian].
3. Lloyd J.M. Thermal Imaging Systems: Transl. from Eng., 416 p. (Mir, Moscow, 1978) [in Russian]
4. Tarasov M. M., Jakushenkov Ju. G. Infrared "beholder" type systems. 444 p. (Logos, Moscow, 2004) [in Russian].
5. Kaplan H. Practical applications of infrared thermal sensing and imaging equipment. 164 p. (SPIE — Optical Engineering Press, Washington, 1999).
6. Karim M. A., Ming L. Gao, Song H. Xheng. Minimum resolvable temperature difference model: a critical evolution. Opt. Eng. 30(11), 1788—1796 (1991).