Landscape-investigation approach in decoding space images
|1Fedorovskyi, OD, 2Grinevetskiy, VT, 3Kostyuchenko, Yu.V, 3Kuvshinov, AYu. |
1State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
2Institute of Geography of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
3State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 1998, 4 ;(1):39–45|
|Section: Study of the Earth from Space|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The problem of determination of ecological and hydrologic characteristics of territories on the basis of space information is considered. We offer to use the landscape-investigation approach in decoding and interpretation of space images. As a basis for the analysis we propose a formal classification of natural formations which is built on the principles of modal logic and the theory of fuzzy sets. The territory of Chernobyl - Lutezh region is studied within the framework of the described approach. The results obtained allow the conclusion about perspectives of the method proposed.
|Keywords: landscape, space information, theory of fuzzy sets|
1. Grinevetskiy V. T., Sakhatskiy O. I., Fedorovskyi O. D., et al. Using test plots of the Dymerska research landfill for verification of results of satellite imagery. Ukr. geograf. zhurn., No.2, 39—43 (1997) [in Ukrainian].
2. Diakonov K. N., Kasimov N. S., Tikunov V. S. Modern methods of geographical investigations, 204 p. (Prosveshhenie, Moscow, 1996) [in Russian].
3. Isachenko A. G. Principles of landscape science and physical-geographic regionalization, 326 p. (Vyssh. shk., Moscow, 1965) [in Russian].
4. Kondratyev K. Ya., Pozdnyakov D. V. New in the remote sensing of environmental. Issled. Zemli iz kosmosa, No.1, 107—121 (1996) [in Russian].
5. Lyalko V. I., Vul'fson L. D., Zharyj V. Ju. Aerospace Methods in Geoecology, 206 p. (Nauk. dumka, Kiev, 1992) [in Russian].
6. Lyalko V. I., Marynych O. M., Fedorovskyi O. D. Aerospace research of landscapes complexes of Ukraine. Ukr. geograf. zhurn., No. 4, 3—8 (1994) [in Ukrainian].
7. Preobrazhenskij V. S., Aleksandrova T. D., Kuprijanova T. P. Fundamentals of landscape analysis, 189 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1988) [in Russian].