Satellite observations of ionospheric disturbances which followed the Chelyabinsk meteorite passage
|1Chernogor, LF, 1Milovanov, Yu.B, 2Fedorenko, VN, 3Tsymbal, AM |
1V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
2V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
3V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2013, 19 ;(6):38–46|
|Section: Space and Atmospheric Physics|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The GPS TEC data obtained during the Chelyabinsk meteorite passage and on reference days were examined. The GPS receivers were located at 240–360 km away from the meteorite explosion. Quasi-periodic (wave-like) oscillations in TEC with time delays of 12–20 min, periods of 8–10 min, durations of 30–40 min, and amplitudes of 0.6–3.5 % were detected. The middle speed of propagation of these disturbances was approximately 500 m/s. Such parameters belong to acoustic-gravity waves in the upper atmosphere
|Keywords: Chelyabinsk meteorite, ionosphere, quasi-periodic oscillations, shock wave, total electron content|
1. Afraimovich E.L., Perevalova N.P. GPS-monitoring of the earth's upper atmosphere. 480 p. (Irkutsk, 2006) [in Russian].
2. Bronshtjen V. A. The physics of the meteor phenomena [Fizika meteornyh javlenij]. 416 p. (Nauka, Moscow, 1981) [in Russian].
3. The catastrophic impact of cosmic bodies [Katastroficheskie vozdejstvija kosmicheskih tel], Eds. V. V. Adushkin i I. V. Nemchinov. 310 p. (IKC «Akademkniga», Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].
4. Kruchynenko V. G. Mathematics and physical analysis of meteor phenomena [Matematyko-fizychnyj analiz meteornogo javyshha]. 294 p. (Naukova dumka, Kyiv, 2012) [in Ukrainian].
5. Chernogor L.F. Physics and ecology of thee disasters [Fizika i jekologija katastrof]. 556 p. (V.N.Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, 2012) [in Russian].
6. Chernogor L.F. Plasma, electromagnetic and acoustic effects of meteorite «Chelyabinsk». Engineering Physics, No.8, 23—40 (2013) [in Russian].
7. Chernogor L.F. Physical effects of the Chelyabinsk meteorite passage. Reports of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, No.10, 97—104 (2013) [in Russian].
8. Churjumov K.I., Guliev A.S., Kruchinenko V.G., Churjumova T.K. Comet-asteroid hazard: Reality and Fiction [Kometno-asteroidnaja opasnost': real'nost' i vymysly]. 178 p. (Kiev; Baku, 2012) [in Russian].