Some results of the investigation of ionosphere wave disturbances with the use of the doppler high-frequency radar
|1Kostrov, LS, 1Fedorenko, Yu.P, 1Chernogor, LF |
1V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2004, 10 ;(2-3):022-027|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Some effects observed in impulse vertical Doppler sounding are explained. We developed a procedure for determining the amplitude and direction of motion of moving ionosphere disturbances with the use of time dependences of the Doppler displacement of the sound signal frequency. Some recommendation for improving the accuracy of results of the determination of parameters of the disturbances under investigation are justified.
|Keywords: Doppler sounding, ionosphere, wave disturbances|
1. Afraimovich E. L., Vugmeister B. O., Zakharov V. N., et al. Experimental Investigations of Doppler Shifts and Angles of Arrival Fluctuations of Radiosignal Reflected from F2 Layer of the Ionosphere by Vertical Sounding. Issled. Geomagn. Aeron. Fiz. Solntsa, Is. 41, 138—148 (1977) [In Russian].
2. Kostrov L. S., Rozumenko V. T., Chernogor L. F. HF Doppler Radar Observations of the Bottomside Ionosphere Perturbed by Natural Disturbances. Radio Physics and Radio Astronomy, 4 (3), 209—226 (1999) [in Russian].
3. Fedorenko V. N., Fedorenko Yu. P., and Shagimuratov I. I. Results of an Ionosphere Study by Means of Diversity Reception of Radiosignals of Low-Orbiting Navigation Satellites. Geomagnetizm i Aeronomiia, 37 (3), 121—126 (1997) [in Russian].
4. Iyer K. N. Effect of traveling ionoshperic disturbances on HF phasepath measurements. Indian J. of Radio and Space Physics, 12, 47—49 (1983).
5. Tedd B. L., Strangeways H. J., Jones T. B. The influence of largescale TIDs on the bearings of geographically spaced HF transmissions. J. Atmos. and Terr. Phys., 46 (2), 109—117 (1984).