Use of space information for the monitoring of ecological situation in urban agglomerations
|1Lyalko, VI, 1Fedorovskyi, OD, 1Teremenko, AN, 2Ryabokonenko, AD |
1State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Sciences of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
2State institution «Scientific Centre for Aerospace Research of the Earth of the Institute of Geological Science of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine», Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 1998, 4 ;(5):88–94|
|Publication Language: Russian|
The possibility of using space information for the monitoring of ecological situation in urban agglomerations and suburbs is considered. It is shown that space images in the optical range provide information about some processes and phenomena which are not detectable in ground-based observations. The space methods of remote sensing give information for routine monitoring as well as for long-term forecasts, urban development planning, and utilization of natural resources.
|Keywords: monitoring, remote sensing, space information|
1. Grigor'ev A. A. Cities and the environment (space exploration), 120 p. (Mysl', Moscow, 1982) [in Russian].
2. Kondrat'ev K. Ya. The development of space-based remote sensing in the United States: results of development for the 1994 financial year. Earth Res. from Space, No. 2, 118— 123 (1996) [in Russian].
3. Kondrat'ev K. Ya., Pozdnjakov D. V. New in the remote sensing of environmental. Earth Res. from Space, No. 1, 107—121 (1996) [in Russian].
4. Krasovskaya O. V., Skatershchikov S. V. Digital space SPOT images in the development of urban information systems. GIS obozrenie, 40—43 (Moscow, 1996) [in Russian].
5. Lyalko V. I., Vul'fson L. D., Zharyj V. Ju., et al. Aerospace Methods in Geoecology, 206 p. (Nauk. dumka, Kiev, 1992) [in Russian].
6. Lyallko V. I., Fedorovsky O. D., Sirenko L. Ya., et al. Ukraine from Space: Atlas of Decoded Images of the Area of Ukraine from Space Platforms, Kosm. nauka tehnol. Supplement, 3 (3-4), 40— 49 (1997) [in Russian].