The present state and development trends of the remote sensing of the Earth
|1Zubko, VP, 1Is'kov, PYa., 2Podoliukh, IYa., 1Stefanyshyn, Ya.I |
1State Space Agency of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
2Limited Scientific and Technical Center "Kosmoznimok", Kyiv, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 1998, 4 ;(5):67–87|
|Section: Study of the Earth from Space|
|Publication Language: Ukrainian|
We discuss some general problems in the remote sensing of the Earth - a major present-day space technology. Various space systems, operational at present as well as scheduled to be launched, designed for obtaining information about the Earth in different spectral regions are reviewed. Main features of the Sich space system for Earth observation are given, and ways for the system development are proposed.
|Keywords: remote sensing of the Earth, Sich, space systems|
1. Artobolevsky I. I. (Ed.) Polytechnical Dictionary, 608 p. (Sovetskaya Entsiklopedia, Moscow, 1976) [in Russian].
2. Experience of use of space systems sposte¬rezhennya Earth "Sich-1" (Development of the AI Kalmykov CRRE with the assistance of the NASU, brochure) [in Ukrainian].
3. Earth observation space system "Sich", I stage, (Reclame broshure; NSAU) (DNVC Pryroda, Kyiv, 1995) [in Ukrainian].
4. Moiseenko A. E. Current status and prospects of use of remote sensing of the Earth from outer space to explore natural resources and ekolo¬gii (on materials of the foreign press). Overview, 104 p. (CNIIGAiK, Moscow, 1995) [in Russian].
5. Panov V. A. (Ed.) Handbook of Designer of Optico-Mechanical Instruments, 744 p. (Mashinostroenie, Leningrad, 1980) [in Russian].
6. Prokhorov A. M. (Ed.) Physical Encyclopedic Dictionary, 928 p. (Sovetskaya Entsiklopedia, Moscow, 1983) [in Russian].
7. Lyal'ko V. I., Fedorovsky O. D. (Ed.) Ukraine from Space: Atlas of Decoded Images of the Area of Ukraine from Space Platforms, Kosm. nauka tehnol. Dodatok, 3 (3-4), 37 p. (1997) [in Russian].
8. Committee on Earth Observation Satellites (1993 CEOS Dossier). Volume A: Satellite Missions, Volume B: Space Agency Graund Segment and Data Products, Volume C: The Relevance of Satellite Missions to Global Environmental Programmes.
9. Committee on Earth Observation Satellites: Coordination for the next decade (1995 CEOS yearbook).
10. Committee on Earth Observation Satellites: Towards an Integrated Global Observing Strategy (1997 CEOS yearbook).