Assessing the interaction between free-molecule gas flow and a satellite from experimental data
|1Shabokhin, VA |
1Yangel Yuzhnoye State Design Office, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 1998, 4 ;(2):113–116|
|Publication Language: Russian|
A model is proposed for the interaction between free-molecule gas flow and the surface of a spacecraft. The model can be used for determining aerodynamic body characteristics.
|Keywords: free-molecule gas flow, spacecrafts|
1. Barantsev R. G. New results of the analytic theory of interaction of gases with surfaces // Dynamics of rarefied gas: Proceedings All-Union conf., Kn. 1, 104—114 (Novosibirsk, 1980) [in Russian].
2. Varakin G. K., Farafonov V. G. Aerodynamic characteristics of a surface element washed by a high-speed free- molecular flow. Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 4, 181 — 184 (1975) [in Russian].
3. Kovtunenko V. M., Kameko V. F., Yaskevich E. P. Aerodynamics of Orbiting Spacecraft, 156 p. (Naukova Dumka, Kiev, 1977) [in Russian].
4. Shabokhin V. A. Experimental results of determining aerodynamic satellite characteristics in free-molecule gas flow. Kosm. nauka tehnol., 4 (1) 68—70 (1998) [in Russian].
5. Riley J., Giesse C. F. Interaction of atomic oxygen with various surface. J. Chem. Phys., 53, P. 146 (1970).