Optimization of pressure and time of composite products molding at the temperature of minimum binder viscosity
|1Haidachuk, OV, 2Kondratiev, AV, 3Nabokina, TP |
1Ningbo University of Technology, Ningbo, China
2O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv, Kharkiv, Ukraine
3National Aerospace University “Kharkiv Aviation Institute”, Kharkiv, Ukraine
|Space Sci. & Technol. 2022, 28 ;(2):03-13|
|Язык публикации: Ukrainian|
The technological process of composite products’ molding consists in giving them non-a reversible shape using shape-generating molding tools through polymerization of the binder at a certain temperature and pressure varying in time. The paper deals with the research of technological parameters of the most common practical method of molding products made of polymeric composite materials, pre-formed of prepregs. The mathematical model of filling with a binder of inter-fiber space of the reinforcing material for the polymeric composite material with the varying fiber packing densities, from quadratic to hexagonal one, depending on the type of reinforcing material, has been further developed.
A new method for optimization of the pressure and time of composite products’ molding at the temperature of the minimum binder viscosity has been developed. The method is implemented by analytical dependencies, which establish the optimal time intervals and pressure of molding on the section of the temperature and time diagram, associated with the ability of the operating equipment (oven, autoclave) to provide the maximum possible rate of temperature rise in order to “soften” the binder in prepreg to its minimum viscosity. It is shown that energy consumption for the re-formation of the tetragonal structure of the polymeric composite material into hexagonal one is ten times higher than the costs for the tetragonal structure formation. For example, re-formation of the tetragonal structure at volume content of the binder of 0.4 into dense hexagonal structure requires 66.7 times increase in pressure. Obtained results allow establishing the economically feasible level of pressure and time of composite products’ molding while ensuring their specified quality.
|Ключевые слова: inter-fiber space, polymerization of the binder, prepreg, quadratic and hexagonal structure|
1. Hajdachuk A. V. (2002). Technique for studying the technological parameters of the molding process of products from
polymer composite materials based on prepregs. Design and production of aircraft structures, 30(3), 17-22. [In Russian].
2. Gaidachuk V. E., Sidorenkova M. A. (1997). Selection of the optimal pressure when molding structures from polymer
composite materials. Design and production of aircraft structures, 8-12.
3. Degtjarev A. V., Kovalenko V. A., Potapov A. V. (2012). The use of composite materials to create promising rocket technology.
Aviatsionno-kosmicheskaya tekhnika i tekhnologiya, No. 2(89), 34-38.
4. Mihajlin Ju. A. (2008). Structural polymer composite materials. SPb.: NOT Publ. 822.
5. Baran I., Cinar K., Ersoy N., Remko Akkerman, Jesper H. (2017). Hattel A review on the mechanical modeling of composite manufacturing processes. Archives of computational methods in engineering, No. 24, 365-395.
6. Baranov A. V. (2004). Non-isothermal curing and chemical effects during cavity filling with impregnated anisotropic layer.
Mekhanika kompozitsionnykh materialov i konstruktsii, 10, No. 1, 15-22.
7. Bitjukov Yu. I., Kalinin V. A. (2010). The numerical analysis of the scheme on packing of the tape of variable width on the
technological surface in the course of winding of designs from composite materials. Mekhanika kompozitsionnykh materialov
i konstruktsii, 16, No. 2, 276-290.
8. Blagonadezhin V. L., Vorontsov A. N., Murzakhanov G. K. (1988). Technological problems of mechanics of structures made
of composite materials. Mechanics of composite materials, 23, 608-625.
9. Budelmann D., Schmidt C., Meiners D. (2020). Prepreg tack: a review of mechanisms, measurement, and manufacturing
implication. Polymer composites, 41, No. 9, 3440-3458.
10. Bychkov A. S., Kondratiev A. V. (2019). Criterion-based assessment of performance improvement for aircraft structural
parts with thermal spray coatings. J. superhard Materials, 41, No. 1, 53-59.
11. Campbell F. C. (2004). Manufacturing processes for advanced composites. Elsevier Science, 532 р.
12. Castanie B., Bouvet C., Malo Ginot. (2020). Review of composite sandwich structure in aeronautic applications. Composites
part C, 1, 100004.
13. Deng B., Shi Y., Yu T., Zhao P. (2020). Influence mechanism and optimization analysis of technological parameters for the
composite prepreg tape winding process. Polymers, 12, No. 8, 1843.
14. Fomin O., Logvinenko O., Burlutsky O., Rybin A. (2018). Scientific substantiation of thermal leveling for deformations in
the car structure. Int. J. engineering & technology, 7, No. 4.3, 125-129.
15. Gaydachuk A. V., Slivinskiy M. B., Golovanevskiy V. A. (2006). Static electricity build-up considerations in manufacture of
cores for sandwiched composite materials structures. Materials forum, 30, 103-109.
16. Jaeger J. C. (1969). Elasticity, fracture and flow. Springer, 268 р.
17. Jinno M., Sakai S., Osaka K., Fukuda T. (2003). Smart autoclave processing of thermoset resin matrix composites based on temperature and internal strain monitoring. Adv. composite material, 12, No. 1, 57-72.
18. Karandashov O., Avramenko V. (2017). Studies of thermal stability of epoxy compound for glass-fiber pipes. Chemisrty &
chemical technology, 11, No. 1, 61-64.
19. Kolosov A. E., Sakharov A. S., Sivetskii V. I., Sidorov D. E., Sokolskii A. L. (2012). Substantiation of the efficiency of using ultrasonic modification as a basis of a production cycle for preparing reinforced objects of epoxy polymer composition.
Chemical and petroleum engineering, 48, 391-397.
20. Kolosov A. E., Virchenko G. A., Kolosova E. P., Virchenko G. I. (2015). Structural and technological design of ways for
preparing reactoplastic composite fiber materials based on structural parametric modeling. Chemical and petroleum engineering, 51, 493-500.
21. Kondratiev A. V. (2020). A concept of optimization of structural and technological parameters of polymer composite rocket
units considering the character of their production. Space Science and Technology, 26, No. 6 (127), 5-22.
22. Kondratiev A. V., Gaidachuk V. E. (2021). Mathematical analysis of technological parameters for producing superfine prepregs by flattening carbon fibers. Mechanics of Composite Materials. 57, № 1. P. 91-100.
23. Kondratiev А. V., Kovalenko V. O. (2019). Optimization of design parameters of the main composite fairing of the launch
vehicle under simultaneous force and thermal loading. Space Science and Technology, 25, No. 4 (119), 3-21.
24. Korotkov V. N., Chekanov Y.A., Rozenberg B. A. (1989). Nonisothermal curing of articles formed from polymeric composite materials in the winding process. Mechanics of composite materials, 25, 73-78.
25. Mustafa L. M., Ismailov M. B., Sanin A. F. (2020). Study on the effect of plasticizers and thermoplastics on the strength
and toughness of epoxy resins. Naukovyi visnyk natsionalnoho hirnychoho universytetu, 4, 63-68.
26. Nemirovskii Y. V., Yankovskii A. P. (2002). Effect of the thermal action and thermosensitivity of phase materials on the
load-carrrying capacity of momentless shells with an equal-stressed reinforcement. Mechanics of composite materials, 38,
27. Nikolaev V. P., Pichugin V. S., Korobeinikov A. G. (1999). Effect of molding conditions on fracture mechanisms and stiffness of a composite of grid structure. Mechanics of composite materials, 35, 49-54.
28. Rodichev Y. M., Smetankina N. V., Shupikov O. M., Ugrimov S. V. (2018). Stress-strain assessment for laminated aircraft
cockpit windows at static and dynamic load. Strength of materials, 50, No. 6, 868-873.
29. Rodionov V. V. (2019). Optimization of molding the polymeric composite material with improved characteristics. Plasticheskie massy, 3-4, 55-58. https://doi.org/10.35164/0554-2901-2019-3-4-55-58
30. Russell John D., Madhu S. Madhukar Mohamed S., Genidy Andre Y. (2000). Lee A new method to reduce cure-induced
stresses in thermoset polymer composites, Part III: Correlating stress history to viscosity, degree of cure and cure shrinkage.
J. composite materials, 34, No. 22, 1925-1947.
31. Teters G., Kregers A. (2000). Optimization of a composite plate buckling under thermal action with account of reliability.
Mechanics of composite materials, 36, 453-458.
32. Tomashevskii V. T., Yakovlev V. S. (2004). Models in the engineering mechanics of polymer-matrix composite systems. Int.
applied mechanics, 40, No. 6, 601-621.
33. Verbitskaya N. A. (2001). Influence of complex compounds of rhenium (V), molybdenum (V) with macrocyclic ligands on
processes of structure formation in epoxypolyurethane binder. Plasticheskie massy: sintez svojstva pererabotka primenenie, 7,