Pneumopump feed system of propellant components in liquid rocket engines and power installations
|1Konokh, VI, 1Gordiets, IM |
1Yuzhnoye State Design Office, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
|Kosm. nauka tehnol. 2015, 21 ;(5):36–42|
|Section: Space Energy, Power and Propulsion|
|Publication Language: Russian|
Nowadays two classical feed systems of propellant components are applied in liquid rocket propulsion systems of launch vehicles and space vehicles: positive-displacement and turbopump. SDO "Yuzhnoye" has developed the new feed system of propellant components — pneumopump. The pneumopump feed system of propellant components is more simple and reliable as compare with turbopump system. In comparison to the positive-displacement feed system, the pneumopump system allows supplying a higher pressure in the combustion chamber at low inlet pressures in the engine, and also supplies a higher accuracy in the maintaining of thrust and fuel components ratio. The review of the activities conducted at the SDO "Yuzhnoye" on the creation of modern liquid propulsion systems with the pneumopump feed system for space vehicles is presented.
|Keywords: feed system, liquid propellant engine, pneumopump unit, sealing|
1. Abramov E.I., Kolesnichenko K.A., Maslov V.T. Elements of the hydraulic drive. (Directory). [Jelementy gidroprivoda. (Spravochnik)]. 320 p. (Tehnika, Kiev,1977) [in Russian].
2. Dobrovol'skij M.V. Liquid propellant rocket engines. Basics of Design: . Tutorial for universities [Zhidkostnye raketnye dvigateli. Osnovy proektirovanija: Ucheb.dlja vuzov]. 488 p. (Izd-vo MGTU im. N.Je.Baumana, Moscow, 2005) [in Russian].
3. Kuksa I.Ju., Konoh V.I., Kalinichenko I.I. LRE control study with pneumatic pump fuel supply system components [Issledovanie regulirovanija ZhRD s pnevmonasosnoj sistemoj podachi komponentov topliva]. Visnyk of Dnipropetrovsk University, N912, P.56 —60 (2007) [in Russian].
4. Shirtladze A.G., Ivanov V.I., Kareev V.N. et al. Hydraulics in mechanical engineering [Gidravlika v mashinostroenii]: in two volumes. Vol. 2. 496 p. (TNT, Staryj Oskol, 2008) [in Russian].
5. Chuprakov Ju.I. Hydraulic and hydro means [Gidroprivod i sredstva gidroavtomatiki]: Tutorial for Universities 232 p. (Mashinostroenie, Moscow, 1979) [in Russian].
6. Shnykin V., Konokh V., Kalinichenko I., Kuksa I. Perspectives for throttling of Liquid Rocket Engine with thrust 450 kgf and pneumo-pump assembly. Aerospace technic and technology, No.10(57), 45 —50 (2008) [in Russian].
7. Shnykin V.N., Shulga V.A., Konokh V.I., et al. Bipropellent liquid propulsion system of spacecraft with pneumo-pump supply system. Aerospace technic and technology, 9(76), 159—162 (2010) [in Russian].
8. Shul’ga V.A., Konokh V.I., Zhivotov A.I., Dibrivny A.V. Creating space liquid rocket engines basing on pneumopump propellant supply systems. Aerospace technic and technology, 7(94), 141 —146 (2012) [in Russian].